Tuesday, June 23, 2009

"Monsters of Folk" Supergroup

M. Ward hates guitar straps. And photo ops.



Yimmmmm.......Mustachio


The kids that are hip


grow hair on their lip.


Check out my cap (tion) !!!


M. Ward (She and Him), Jim James a.k.a. Yim Yames (My Morning Jacket), Conor Oberst (Bright Eyes, Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band, et al.), and Mike Mogis (Bright Eyes) are forming a folk supergroup called Monsters of Folk and are releasing an "LP of road-worn, sun-soaked fables with brilliant choruses and some electronic elements." The expected arrival of this masterpiece is 9.22.09


Folk Yeah!

Now, all they have to do is make the best music ever. If I have faith in anyone making rockin' riffs and turbulent tunes, it's these guys.


I hope they'll live up to all the hype that my world-renowned blog is creating.


No pressure Folk Monsters!





See the Rolling Stone webby site:


1 comment: